Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Coco 3 weeks into her molt

Today is 3 weeks to the day that Coco started to molt.

As you can see by the photos below, she's once again fully covered and no longer has any bare skin showing.  Even her bottom has fluffy feathers covering her.

Those feathers still have a long way to grow out.  And you can can see the pin feathers on her head and back of her neck that she's not able to nibble on to open up.  But I'm SOOOOO happy that she's covered and no longer shivering.  Poor thing.  What a rough three weeks.

I did catch her covered in dust yesterday and I think that was her first dust bath in about 3- 4 weeks.  Which had to have felt so good.

And I LOVE the beautiful sheen on those new glossy black feathers.








1 comment:

  1. Wow! Her feathers have come in so quickly. Some of my girls (Amber's neck and Sparkle's bottom) have had pin feathers for weeks that still haven't opened. I am so pleased to see her feathered again and as they all grow in she will be back to her former glory.

    ReplyDelete