Thursday, August 18, 2011

Coco's Milestone

Coco laid her 100th egg yesterday.

I found the brown egg with dark brown spots in the middle nest box along with a green egg from Pumpkin.  I suppose a celebration should have been in order.  But I've been trying to cut back on the amount of treats I give the girls.

So we let the out and gave them some BOSS and some sprouted wheat grass.  Yesterday, they had snails, snails and more snails.  Coco LOVES snails and can easily put away 12-15 before she fills up.

Ginger is at 98 eggs and I think we'll wait for her to get to 100 and then have another celebration for the girls.  Crickets are always a crowd pleaser.

I can't believe we've eaten and given away 300 eggs since our three little hens started laying eggs just a few months back.  Oh my!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh...congratulations....very exciting (to us chicken keepers, anyway)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maryann, Thank you. I'm so glad I kept track of their egg count. I'm not sure it's 100% accurate but close enough. I can't believe that they are not even a year old yet.

    ReplyDelete