Monday, May 2, 2011

Stop receiving Junk Mail

Well, stop the catalogs.  I took this on as my personal mission a few years back.  I was getting more catalogs than I could count.  And catalogs from companies I'd never heard of, let alone, ever ordered from.

And with access to the web, I find catalogs are simply not necessary as you can access the latest on the Internet.

So I signed up with Catalog Choice.  It took a while and in some cases, I had to call and/or email the actual catalog sender directly.  You can check them out at:
https://www.catalogchoice.org/?utm_source=cchoice_news&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email_logo&utm_campaign=340

One important thing to note: When you place an order, tell them NOT to add you to their mailing list.  Or the cycle will start up again.  We no longer get any catalogs at our home and I'm amazed at how much less paper we have to recycle.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I did this a couple of months ago, and it really works! Just the other day a friend asked me if I had received a certain catalog. I was feeling kind of left out b/c I had not. Well duh, it's b/c I'd forgotten that I opted out, and it really worked!!

    ReplyDelete