Friday, February 18, 2011

Pumpkin is STILL a Spaz

I've said it before and I'll say it again; that bird got dropped in the egg somewhere along the line.

She clearly doesn't see well.  The girls have this three gallon waterer.  Which is really cool because if they get mud or debris in the drinking well, you can just dump that out and the reservoir will self fill with fresh water.  I don't have to take the whole thing out and refill it.  The other day, they were eating and I didn't want to step over them to dump it on a plant which is what I usually do.  So I just dumped it. Pumpkin could see the trail of water flowing downhill and chased it and snapped at it like it was a slithering snake.

I tried desperately to get her back to the treat bowl before the oatmeal was all gone but she was determined to chase the water snake.  Strange Bird!

She makes strange sounds.  Not normal chicken BOK BOK BOK.  It's more of a growl.  I can't wait to hear the sound she makes when she lays and egg.

Her personality doesn't fit that of the traditional Easter Egger so I started asking around and the consensus is that she's a normal teenager.  Easter Eggers usually mellow out after they begin laying and become docile, loving birds.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment