Monday, February 21, 2011

Ack, I Ate a Bug!

Ginger is my champion bug eater.  If I find a spider in the house, I'll put it in a plastic container and take it to her.  She's learned to recognize these container and gets so excited when she sees it.  The problem is, I also put other treats in these containers like apple or oatmeal and take it out to them and put it in their treat bowl.

Ginger will ignore the treat and want to see the container.  She'll look inside.  She'll walk around the perimeter.  She'll  inspect the bottom.  She's looking for the bug!  The disappointment on her face when I don't have a bug for her just breaks my heart.

Today, I caught some flying insect in my fingers and brought it to her but had a terrible time getting her attention, because I hadn't put it in a container.  She finally saw its wings flapping in my fingers and came over to investigate.

Earlier in the day, we took advantage of the nice weather and went for a walk along the beach.  I took a drink of water from my container and before I could close my mouth, a bug flew in.  ACK!!!  I couldn't get it out and I'm pretty sure I swallowed it.  Where is Ginger when you need her!

No comments:

Post a Comment