Thursday, December 16, 2010

I'm a Terrible Mother Hen

Oh, I just feel awful.

I went out to check up on the girls to make sure they were doing okay in their hen house.  I couldn't see them through the window so I opened the side door to peek in and Pumpkin fell out.  Plop.  Right onto the ground.  Fortunately, the ground is only about 16 inches away.  I quickly grabbed her and put her back with her sisters but not before they all started just screaming at me.

Pumpkin already distrusts me and I'm pretty sure this may have sealed that deal permanently.  I tried to get her to come over to me so I could stroke her but she wouldn't come near me.  She just stood there squawking at the top of her lungs.  Oh, the poor thing.  Maybe, she'll think it was all a bad dream in the morning.  Extra treats for Pumpkin tomorrow for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment