Sunday, January 10, 2016

Can anyone else relate?




Can anyone else relate to this video?

I was working from home on Friday.  I let the hens out and cracked the door so I could hear them in case there was a problem.  But do the hens go play out in the garden?  No!

Coco parks herself on the back stoop and just starts BAWKING at the top of her lungs.  I can't hear myself think when she's loud like that.

Of course she stops screaming at me once I pull out my phone to video her.

You'd think they would go play out in the garden and scratch for bugs or nibble on the green things that are growing after all the rain we've had.  But no.  Let's stand at the back door and beg for treats.

My husband calls this trick or treating chickens.  Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat.

Sigh, such spoiled hens.

1 comment:

  1. I totally get it. I often want to get a photo of the girls either in a dust bath or perching together but once I go through the run gate they stop what they are doing and run to me. Then I feel guilty that I have now spoiled their moment in the sun or their lovely dust bath and it's not even treat time. If I am doing anything at all in the run they gather round. My friend Jackie lets her girls free range in the garden but when I visit and they can see us in the sitting room they spend their entire time hanging out on the patio just outside the French doors just like your girls. We all have such spoilt girls but I am sure we wouldn't have it any other way. I love the term "trick or treating chickens".

    ReplyDelete