Sunday, February 26, 2012

If you like chickens, you'll love this time of the year

Whether or not you celebrate Easter, this is a great time of the year to pick up some "chicken" themed items.  And the stores are full of them.

I found this wreath of pastel eggs today and had to have it.  I think I'll hang in my kitchen so I can spend more time admiring it than if I put it outside.


And if you are like me, you follow a bunch of other blogs where you get great ideas.  Someone posted that she found this adorable plastic chicken that she was putting in her kids Easter baskets.  You wind it up and and it walks forward while dropping out gum balls in the shape of eggs.  I had to go to five different stores to find it and the store where I finally found some, they were down to their last few.  So I'm not the only one who loves my chicken themed items.



I picked up two so I could take one into the office.

I refrained from buying any candy but I was amazed at all the egg shaped confections.  There are eggs made out of just about everything you can imagine: solid chocolate eggs, eggs filled with other nummy things such as peanut butter, Cadbury eggs, sugar eggs and my personal favorite malted milk eggs.

Marshmallow Peeps come in every color of the rainbow.  It just wouldn't be the season without Peeps.  Now the question is, do you eat them while they are fresh and soft?  Or do you let your sit and dry out for a bit?

There is gum in the shape of eggs that come dropping out of the back of my chicken featured above.  And jelly beans.  And well, you get the idea.  Truly, something for everyone out there.

I'm also amazed at the variety of egg coloring kits that are available today.  There was a whole aisle dedicated to these kits.  This was always my favorite part of the season.  But today, I leave that job up to my girls.

I guess it's time to pull out all those wonderful recipes for hardboiled eggs.  I do love an egg salad sandwich and deviled eggs.  What are your favorite things to create with hardboiled eggs?  Do share.  I get the best ideas from all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment