Monday, March 14, 2011

The Spice Girls are 5-months old

I had hoped to be outside taking lots of photos and video of them this past weekend but I just wasn't up to it.  I've been fighting a sinus infection for weeks now and it's just taking a long time to kick it.  Not to mention, I feel so guilty going about my normal routine while those across the Pacific in Japan are struggling.  Living in CA and in earthquake country, there are just so many reminders all around us and my heart really goes out to the people there.

I did jet over to Half Moon Bay to pick up a bag of layer pellets for the girls.  Again, being by the beach just kept the whole tsunami thing real.  Knowing how far it came inland in Japan and mentally watching the odometer and noting how devastating that would be had that happened here.

I proudly announced to the guy at the counter that my girls were turning five months old and that I was so excited about getting an egg.  He immediately burst my egg by telling me not to expect eggs for another 6 weeks at least.  Sigh... I guess because they don't have a mama hen to show them the way, the weather has still been cool here combined with the fact that they are still maturing.

I was out in the yard for a bit on Sunday and did notice Pumpkin going into and out of the house quite a bit.  So, just maybe, she's thinking egg and it won't be too much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment